Website Minimal Risk
Position: Residential Security Operative
Salary: £150 per day (TBC)
Type: Self Employed
- Follow the direction of FCO Senior Project Staff.
- Prevent unauthorised access to certain parts of the building as directed.
- Protect the property and assets.
- Prevent unauthorised removal of official and/or personal property from Post.
- Respond to emergencies out of hours; e.g. fire, flood or intrusion into any building and compounds and request as necessary.
- Detect and report sightings of suspicious activities, objects or persons out of hours.
- Act responsibly towards official personnel and visitors (both authorised and unauthorised) with due regard to their human rights, local and international law.
- Maintain and utilise the access control systems applicable to the post concerned (as required)
- Adhere to Post Security Regulations.
- Ensure that when required the correct areas/buildings are locked and secured.
- Enforce entry/exit control to buildings by checking and confirming as necessary personal identification and only permitting access to personnel (after searching and removal of prohibited items) with the necessary authorisation to visits outside of normal working hours.
- Conduct regular patrols and searches around designated areas of Post as agreed with the local Security Authority.
- Monitor alarm systems, CCTV and any other security systems and investigate and report suspicious activities, objects or persons out of normal office hours.
- Supervise non-vetted external contractors’ staff when necessary (e.g. cleaners, painters, maintenance workers) in the designated areas of the buildings, out of hours.
- Be on standby whilst at post to provide additional security and back up as required.
- It is essential that the right individual is flexible and adaptable to changing requirements.
- The right person will be reliable, responsible and be able to demonstrate effective judgement.
- Must have very good interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work as part of a small team.
Accommodation will be provided close to the Consulate.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.minimalriskrecruitment.co.uk/login.asp →