Website Garda World
Position: Operations Room Watch-keeper/HSE Champion
Job Type: Contractor (GW Consulting Middle East Limited)
Location: Baghdad, Iraq
Start Date: 12th July 2015 – subject to successful Iraq visa application /future confirmation & successful induction.
Daily rate: GW offers a competitive daily rate to all personnel (Contractor only paid whilst on-duty)
Rotation: 6 weeks on 6 weeks off
Candidates need to be flexible and will be driven by operational requirement.
- Provide Watchkeeper duties in a busy Operations Room
- Coordinate all communications traffic for the guard force, the static guards and all Client Mission staff when deployed on the ground.
- Coordinate the deployment of Quick Reaction Force and others medical assets in response to an incident.
- Provide administration support for HQ teams and Operations Managers as required.
- Liaison point for employees/consultants in which to raise any HSE concerns or in which to discuss current
- HSE systems and suggest improvements.
- Involved in bi-monthly calls as a minimum with the Senior Manager, HSE and other regional champions in
- which to discuss and raise HSE matters. This will allow the HSE Champion to cascade information down to regional projects.
- Liaison with the Senior Manager, HSE on the HSE management system, country and project requirements in which to ensure that support is offered to the project.
- Perform local checks and enquiries to ensure HSE Management system is being conducted
- Completion of the internal Self-Assessment audits as required and directed by the Senior Manager HSE
- Involved in the regional quarterly HSE meetings in which to ensure participation and consultation is undertaken with the workforce.
- Delivery of local level training as and when required, Assist with toolbox talk delivery and specific HSE training in accordance with the HSE Management System
ONLY APPLY IF YOU MEET THIS CRITERIA
- Minimum junior Non Commissioned Officer or equivalent (command troop corporal, or signaller);
- Fully conversant with operations room procedures with a good understanding of radio voice procedure
- Demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of relevant and best communications practice
- Competence with Microsoft OS and Office packages
- Ability to manage multi tasks whilst retaining clear objectives and focus
- Technical ability to fault find and repair comms issues on HF and VHF equipment
- English proficiency (written and oral);
- Conversant with Iridium, Thuraya and GPS systems
- Background knowledge in Health, Safety and Environment
- Qualifications in Health and Safety and/or Environment – IOSH Managing Safely or equivalent as minimum
- Clear criminal record for last 10 years;
- Ability to operate well under pressure
To apply for this job please visit career4.successfactors.com.